Here’s a few tips for choosing your new PIN for your credit card:
- Choose a 4-digit number that’s easy for you to remember
- Don’t use numbers that are easily identified with you such as your birth date, address or phone number.
- Don’t use repeated numbers e.g. 4444.
- Don’t use consecutive numbers e.g. 1234.
- Your PIN must not be the last or first 4 digits of your card number or customer number.
- Don’t write down your PIN (this includes storing it on your mobile phone) or try to disguise it written down.
If your credit card is lost or stolen, you can block your Card immediately through our eMoney Mobile app. If you haven’t downloaded our eMoney Mobile app, please call our Emergency Assistance Line which is available 24 hours a day, as soon as possible.
Call: 0800 801 803 if you are calling within New Zealand; or
+64 9 212 5233 if you are calling from overseas.
A fee may apply when we issue you with a replacement credit card. Please see the Rates and Fees associated with your credit card for full details.
If you’d like to know more, visit Visa for more information.
No, not all online shopping sites are Visa Secure. You’ll still be able to proceed with your online purchase, however we recommend you keep the following in mind:
- Buy from a reputable online retailer that you’re familiar with.
- Ensure the website is secure by looking out for a padlock symbol on the address bar.
- Don’t disclose your personal or credit card details if you’re unsure about the website security.
- Never give out your credit card details via email.
- If you’re shopping on a mobile device, stick to sites and apps that you’re familiar with.
- Use common sense – if it doesn’t look or feel right, then most likely it’s not.
- If you believe someone knows your password, change it immediately.
- Update your password regularly.
- Don’t use the same password that you use elsewhere.
- Never write your password down or share it with anyone.
- Ensure your anti-virus software on your computer is up to date.
- Keep your mobile number and personal details up to date so we can get in touch with you when we need to.
There are a couple of reasons why you may not have received a statement from us:
- There’s been no activity on your account and your closing balance is $0 – we won’t send you a statement for that month;
- You have chosen to view your statements online in eMoney;
- We may not have your correct postal address; or
- In rare cases, your statement might have got lost in the post.
You can view your current and past statements in eMoney or you can call us on 0800 801 808 to post a replacement statement. Please refer to the Rates and Fees associated with your credit card for full details.