If you don’t recognise a transaction on your statement, you’ll need to let us know within 30 days of the closing date of your statement as per your Purple Visa Card Terms and Conditions.
You can download and complete a Dispute Notification form or call us to request one.
Send the completed form to: Purple Visa Card, PO Box 1204, Invercargill 9840 or you can send it to us as an attachment through secure mail on eMoney.
Things you need to know:
- We may need to get in touch with you if we need to get more information about your Dispute Notification
- If you dispute a transaction on your statement and we decide that it was a correct transaction, we might also charge you a Disputed Transaction Fee. Please see our current Credit Card Rates and Fees
If you’ve forgotten your password and can’t access eMoney, you can reset your password by clicking on the ‘Forgot your password?’ link on the login screen and following the prompts.
You’ll receive a Key Code via text message to your mobile phone, which you will be prompted to enter online to reset your password.
We’ll send you a New Card before your current card expires (we do this automatically, you don’t have to ask us to). If the New Card hasn’t arrived by the time your card’s due to expire, let us know.
A couple of exceptions apply though:
- we can’t send a New Card to you at an address outside New Zealand;
- we won’t send out a New Card if there’s an Overdue Amount on your Card Account (or you’re in default for another reason);
- we won’t send out a New Card if your account has been inactive for 6 months with no balance owing on it; or
- any other circumstances where it may cause a Security Event.
By activating your New Card, you agree to our terms that apply to the card and Card Account at that time (so make sure you read them before you activate and use your New Card, as they may have changed since you got your old card). The most up to date version of these terms is available for you to read here.
If someone in your family who holds a credit card with us passes away then you should let us know as soon as possible by calling us on 0800 801 808 and we’ll let you know what information we require. We understand this will be a hard time for you and we will do our best to ensure the process is as easy as possible for you.
In New Zealand you are required to complete your transactions using your PIN (Unless you’re using the Contactless payment feature). Using your PIN offers more security against anyone attempting to fraudulently use your credit card.
To pay for transactions under the Contactless payment limit, you can simply wave or tap your credit card in front of a Contactless terminal and it will automatically process your transaction – there’s no need for a signature or PIN. Using the Contactless payment feature is you agreeing that the transaction amount is correct and authorising payment to be made from your Card Account.
For Transactions over the Contactless payment limit, you can do the same but you’ll be required to enter your PIN. Please note when using your card overseas a different threshold amount may apply to Contactless payments and you may be asked to enter your PIN or sign for your transactions.
Yes, you can use your credit card at an ATM. Cash advance fees and interest rates will apply for any cash withdrawal made. Please refer to the Rates and Fees associated with your credit card for full details.
Most EFTPOS terminals in New Zealand will require you to insert your credit card to complete your transaction. However, in some circumstances, especially overseas, you may be required to use your credit card by swiping the magnetic stripe in the EFTPOS terminal.
If in doubt, follow the prompts displayed on the EFTPOS terminal.
Alternatively, follow these steps:
- Insert your credit card into the EFTPOS terminal. Leave your card in the terminal throughout the entire transaction.
- Select ‘Credit’ and then enter your PIN number.
- Once the transaction is complete, remove your card from the EFTPOS terminal.
For transactions NZ$200 and under in New Zealand, just wave or tap your credit card in front of a Contactless terminal and it will automatically process your transaction – there’s no need for a signature or PIN.
Any transactions above that amount will require you to enter your PIN. Please note when using your card overseas a different threshold amount may apply to Contactless payments and you may be asked to enter your PIN or sign for your transactions.