Terms that apply when you use the Purple Visa website
(including information about privacy)
Who are we?
In these terms and on our website generally, when we mention ‘Purple Visa’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’, we mean SBS Money Limited for credit cards or TW Financial Services Operations Limited for insurance products. (We operate under the brand name ‘Warehouse Money’).
When you use our website, what information might we collect about you?
- personal information that you provide to us when you apply for one of our products. (See the section below this one for more about what happens to your personal information when you submit applications to us),
- statistical information about individual website users’ behaviour and characteristics collected using cookies or similar technology. We collect and use this to help us run our business and provide you with information about relevant products. We may provide this information to third parties to help us analyse the information, but this is on an anonymous, aggregated basis for marketing purposes. Information about you personally won’t be disclosed,
- your IP address (the identifier for your computer when you’re using the Internet). We’ll collect and store this information if you log into WM Connect, for example. Mainly, we collect this for security and statistical purposes, for example to help us if we think there might be unauthorised access to any account you have with us, and
- additional information about you that you give us in connection with optional competitions, surveys or offers (for example, if we email you links to our website to sign up for competitions).
We understand that keeping your personal and financial information safe is important and we’ll do as much as we can to protect it.
Other than your personal information, any communication or material that you send to our website by email, or otherwise, will be treated by us as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Secure emails using online self-service portals such as WM Connect will be treated confidentially.
What you should know before you give us personal information
This website contains applications that collect personal information about you. Where confidential information is included in the application, we’ll use encryption to make sure that the information you send us over the internet is as secure as possible. (Though to make sure you’re protected, you’ll need to ensure that your internet browser can support our encryption requirements. If it’s not set up to do so, the information you send us won’t be secure).
You don’t have to give us information that you’re asked for in an application form but this might mean that we can’t provide you with the product that you’re applying for. Call us if that’s the case and we’ll see what we can do.
If you give us your email address, we may use it to keep you updated on any applications you’ve made with us, or any changes to our website. We might also use it to send you online surveys or information about promotions, offers or products that we think might be of interest to you. But if you don’t want to hear from us with news about promotions or products after you’ve given us your contact details, you can always tell us to stop getting in touch.
Changes to terms
General things to note
Our products all have their own specific terms and conditions (you can find these T&Cs on our website). Any application you make for one of our products will be subject to meeting our criteria.
The information on our website is intended to be an introduction to our products. We try to keep it as correct and up-to-date as possible but it shouldn’t be relied on as being complete or accurate. The information on our website is also very general – it’s not designed to take into account your specific needs or situation. You can always get more information, or find out whether a product is going to suit you, by contacting us – see the Contact Us section of our website for the best ways to do this.
Where our website has links to websites run by other companies or organisations, we’re not responsible for (and we’re not recommending, or vouching for) anything contained on those other websites. The links are just there for your convenience. Please note we do not share cookie information with other companies or organisations.
We’ll try to make sure that our website is generally available but there may be times that it won’t be (for example, if there’s a technical problem we need to sort out or to carry out an upgrade).
We’re not responsible for any loss that anyone might suffer if they rely on any of the content on our website, or if they can’t access our website for some reason (We’re also not responsible if any of your personal information is accessed by someone that shouldn’t – while we try very hard to protect your information, sending information over the Internet is never totally secure, and to some extent the protections we put in place will depend on your browser).
All intellectual property (such as copyright) in our website is owned by us. Please get in touch if you want to distribute or display anything from our website in a public way, as you’ll need our permission to do this (however it’s fine to copy or store content from our website if it’s just for your personal use).
Products referred to on our website are only offered to people in New Zealand. New Zealand laws apply to the content of our website.
If you want to create a hypertext link to our website, get in touch
Please give us a call on 0800 801 808 before creating any hypertext link to any page on our website. If you do create one, you’ll be responsible for any consequences of doing so.
Things you shouldn’t do when using our website
Please don’t use any robots, screen scrapers, data aggregation tools or other automatic devices that interfere with the way our website runs. Also, please avoid doing anything that places a large load on the infrastructure or bandwidth connecting to our website.
There are two types of cookies we use:
- persistent cookies – these are stored on your hard drive. They can be used to count the number of visitors on each page and can help us understand visitor numbers and patterns that come and go to our website, and
- session cookies – these are only temporary cookies that are stored in memory and not on your hard drive. These cookies will be removed when you close your web browser. Session cookies are used mainly for security purposes (for example, to make sure that there’s a secure connection between your browser and Warehouse Money when you are using secure websites such as WM Connect).
You can arrange for your browser to let you know when you are offered a cookie and decide if you want to accept it. If you choose not to accept a cookie from Purple Visa, you might not be able to log into our secure services such as WM Connect or make online applications. You should still be able to look at our information-only pages even if you don’t accept cookies.