You can contact the following Trusted Referees to verify your original documents
- A Member of the Police;
- A Justice of the Peace;
- A lawyer, solicitor, or barrister;
- A Notary public;
- A Member of Parliament;
- A Chartered Accountant; or
- A person who has the legal authority to take statutory declarations.
Also, your chosen Trusted Referee must:
- Be 16 years old or more;
- Not related to you;
- Not be your spouse or partner;
- Not live with you; and
- Not involved in the transaction or business requiring the certification.
The certification needs to:
- Include the trusted referee’s name, signature, and their position or role (which indicates their capacity to act as a trusted referee);
- Include a statement from the trusted referee that the document(s) provided is a true copy of the original, and represents the identity of the named individual.